Dr. Anwar Al Fuzaie
Partner and Head of Litigation
Languages: Arabic- English- French
Dr. Anwar has a wealth of knowledge and expertise in banking and finance acquired over the course of more than 20 years. His unrivalled expertise in the banking and finance sector including advising on conventional and Islamic banking matters, general corporate lending, real estate finance, fund finance, trade and commodity finance and acquisition finance .He holds an LL.B. from Kuwait University, an LL.M. and PhD from Montpellier University in Private Law and an LL.M. in International Business Law from Sophia Antipolis University. Dr. Anwar has published many studies in the field of Private Law. He has extensive experience in various areas of law, including:
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Real Estate
- Labour Law
- Intellectual Property
Prior to joining Al-Yaqout and Al-Fouzan Legal Group Dr. Anwar has occupied a number of esteemed positions, including but not limiting to:
- General Counsel of Kuwait Finance House.
- Vice Chairman, KFH Capital.
- Legal Advisor for the State Audit Bureau.
- Legal Advisor for National Focal Point (UNCC).
- Member of the Consultative Counsel for Islamic Investment Companies (Capital Markets Authority).
- General reporter and Member of Committee of Experts for the application of Conventions and Recommendations in International Labor Organization (1998 – 2012)